Update 09.2026: Power Grid Mod, Highway and Railway and more ! [Minecraft Create World]

September brings another round of major changes and new plans to my Minecraft Create survival world. The city is continuing to grow, the transportation network is getting more ambitious, and I have started experimenting with a completely new part of the infrastructure:

After spending quite some time experimenting with different Create-related addons, I have decided to replace my previous electricity mod, Create Crafts & Addons, with Create Power Grid.

This change opens up many more possibilities for the city and, more importantly, gives me a reason to actually build a proper power infrastructure instead of simply having electricity as another isolated factory mechanic.

A New Mod: Create Power Grid

One of the biggest changes in my world this month is the introduction of Create Power Grid.

The old Create Crafts & Addons mod served as my previous solution for adding electrical systems to the world. However, after looking at what Power Grid offers, I decided that it fits the direction of my city much better.

The biggest advantage is that electricity can become an actual city-wide infrastructure system. Instead of simply producing power for individual machines, I can build power plants, transmission infrastructure and electrical consumers throughout the city.

This means that electricity can become something that actually exists as part of the city itself.

My current plan is to eventually construct a proper power plant and use it to supply electricity to different parts of the city. This could turn into an entire infrastructure project, including power generation, distribution and different electrical systems around the city.

And of course, that raises the most important question:

What am I actually going to use all that electricity for?

Street Lighting

One of the first applications I want to introduce is electric street lighting.

The floodlights available through Create Power Grid can be used as proper street lamps, which fits perfectly into the industrial and urban style of my city.

The idea is that the city's streets will eventually have functional lighting connected to the electrical grid. Instead of placing ordinary Minecraft lamps everywhere, the lighting infrastructure can become part of the city's power network.

This also gives me another reason to expand the power grid as the city grows. New districts will need new electrical connections, and larger roads and industrial areas can require additional lighting infrastructure.

Here is one of the new street lighting setups I have been experimenting with:

I really like how these lights fit into the existing city infrastructure. They feel much more like something that would actually belong in a large industrial city.

Electricity-Powered Greenhouses

Another interesting application for the new power system is my greenhouse.

With Create Power Grid, I can use growth lamps to accelerate plant growth. This means the greenhouse can theoretically operate during both day and night instead of relying entirely on natural daylight.

That makes the greenhouse more than just a decorative building. It can become an actual part of the city's agricultural production system.

The idea is especially interesting because it connects several systems together:

  • Electricity is generated by the future power plant.
  • The power is distributed through the city's electrical grid.
  • The greenhouse receives electricity.
  • Growth lamps provide additional artificial light.
  • Crops can grow faster, allowing the greenhouse to produce resources more efficiently.

This is exactly the kind of interconnected infrastructure that I want to build in this world.

Here is the greenhouse with the new electrical system:

It is still an experiment at this point, but I really like the idea of making electricity useful for agriculture as well as industry.

Powering Create Machines and Factories

Of course, electricity will not only be used for street lights and agriculture.

Another major possibility is using the electrical system to power Create machines and factories.

This could eventually create a second layer of industrial infrastructure in the city. Instead of every factory simply relying on mechanical power, some industrial facilities could be connected to the electrical grid.

That opens up a lot of possibilities for future factory designs. For example, I could have dedicated industrial areas connected directly to the city's power infrastructure, while smaller workshops could continue using traditional Create rotational power.

I especially like the idea of having different types of infrastructure visible throughout the city:

  • Mechanical power using shafts, gears and Create components
  • Electrical power using cables and power-grid infrastructure
  • Railways connecting industrial areas
  • Roads and highways connecting the city
  • Power plants supplying the entire system

This makes the city feel much more like a real industrial environment instead of simply being a collection of individual Create builds.

More Power Grid Experiments

Before committing to a final design for the city's electrical infrastructure, I have also been doing some random experiments with Create Power Grid.

I wanted to understand how the different components work, what is possible and what kind of infrastructure could eventually make sense for the city.

Some of these experiments are still completely random and are not necessarily going to become permanent builds. They are mainly helping me understand the mod and figure out how I want to integrate electricity into the world.

Here are some of the experiments:

These experiments are giving me a much better idea of what I can do with the mod. The next step will be turning these experiments into an actual, coherent electrical network.

The Future Power Plant

The long-term plan is to build an actual power plant somewhere near the city.

This will not just be another decorative building. The goal is to make it the central source of electricity for the city's infrastructure.

From there, electricity could be distributed to different districts and facilities. The exact design and location are still being planned, but I want the power plant to look like a believable industrial facility rather than simply placing a few generators in a random building.

It could eventually become one of the major landmarks of the industrial part of the city.

The electrical grid itself could also become visible infrastructure, with transmission lines, substations and connections between different areas.

There is still a lot of planning and experimentation to do before the complete system is built, but this is definitely one of the projects I am most interested in working on over the next few months.

Highway and Railway Bridge Planning Continues

The electricity project is not the only major infrastructure project currently in development.

Planning for the large highway and railway bridge is also continuing.

The highway project is one of the larger transportation projects in my world. The plan is to create a proper multi-lane highway system through the city, including large intersections, ramps and connections to the surrounding areas.

At the same time, the railway network is being expanded to fit into the same infrastructure.

One particularly interesting section is the railway route leading towards a body of water. A bridge will eventually be constructed there, allowing the railway to continue across the water.

The subway line is already approaching the area where the future bridge will be built:

The bridge itself is still waiting to be built, but I am currently working on the surrounding infrastructure and planning how everything will connect.

I want the bridge to feel like a natural part of the transportation network rather than simply being placed wherever there happens to be space. The highway, railway and subway systems should all work together as part of the larger city layout.

A New ICE Train Has Arrived

Another addition to the world this month is my new ICE train design.

I designed the train specifically for this Create world, and it is now officially running on the railway network.

The goal was to create a modern high-speed train that fits the existing infrastructure and gives the railway network a more realistic appearance.

The train is now operating on the railway line alongside the highway, which makes this section of the city look considerably more like a real transportation corridor.

I especially like the combination of the highway and railway in this area. Having an ICE train passing through the landscape while cars and other traffic use the highway gives the area a much stronger sense of movement.

Eventually, the railway network will connect more parts of the city, including the main railway station and other planned transportation hubs.

Building a More Connected City

Looking at all of these projects together, the direction of the world is becoming increasingly clear.

I am not only building individual factories or buildings anymore. I am gradually trying to create an entire functioning city infrastructure.

Electricity, railways, highways, subway lines, factories, agriculture and logistics are all starting to become interconnected systems.

That is one of the things I enjoy most about using Create in a long-term survival world. A build does not necessarily have to exist on its own. It can become part of a much larger system.

A power plant can supply a greenhouse. The greenhouse can produce resources for factories. Factories can produce components for railway construction. Railways can transport materials. Highways can connect industrial areas with the rest of the city. Street lights can use the same electrical network that powers the factories.

The more infrastructure I build, the more opportunities I have to connect new projects to something that already exists.

Plans for the Coming Months

There are still a lot of projects on the list. The main plans currently include:

  • Building the first proper power plant
  • Expanding the city's electrical grid
  • Adding more electrically powered street lighting
  • Connecting the greenhouse to the power grid
  • Experimenting with electrically powered Create machinery
  • Continuing construction of the highway network
  • Building the planned railway bridge
  • Expanding the subway system
  • Continuing development of the railway network
  • Using the new ICE train throughout the world

Of course, not everything will necessarily be completed exactly as planned. One of the fun parts of this world is that projects often change while I am building them. A small experiment can turn into a much larger project, or an idea that looked good on paper can turn out to be impractical once I actually build it.

More to Come

September is therefore another month of experimentation, infrastructure planning and expansion.

The introduction of Create Power Grid could become one of the more important changes to the world because it gives me a completely new type of infrastructure to build. I am particularly interested in seeing how far I can take the idea of a real city-wide power network.

At the same time, the transportation infrastructure continues to grow, with the highway network, subway system, railway bridge and new ICE train all becoming part of the expanding city.

There is still a lot to build, but that is exactly what makes this world interesting. Rather than trying to finish everything as quickly as possible, I want the city to keep developing naturally over time.

More updates and new builds are coming soon!


This Minecraft world is built in survival and focuses on realistic city infrastructure, transportation, factories and automation using the Create mod and its addons.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Create Schematic: Realistic ICE High-Speed Train

Create Schematic: Realistic 8000su Wind Turbine

Create Schematic's: Realistic Road Props: Signs, Traffic-Lights, Street-Lighting